Saturday, April 11, 2020
We wanted to provide an update on how COVID19 has affected our work at Isa Mundo Foundation. Like many other families, communities, businesses, institutes and non-profits worldwide, the Isa Mundo family and community of members and supporters have been hit by this crisis.
The cancellation of the Mexico trip in March affected the donation of much needed education supplies to Boca school and surrounding areas that we planned. The upgrade of technological supplies to Bambang Elementary School in the Philippines was also affected as fundraising stalled due to economic turmoil, increased unemployment and social distancing. We respect efforts being made by our Isa Mundo members and volunteers to find ways to support each other and community partners we serve.
At this time, we have contacted local organizations in Ottawa and Vancouver to offer our support and engage in a discussion as to how we can divert some of our funds to local charities and projects. In the spirit of partnership, we will work with local organizations and continue providing assistance to less fortunate citizens in our communities.
As part of our Isa Mundo protocol, we want to remind everyone that if you are not feeling well to quarantine, self-isolate and call emergency / visit local hospitals if you are experiencing symptoms related to COVID19. To learn more about COVID19 Symptoms and Treatment - visit the Public Health Agency Canada website.
In addition, we encourage all Mundoers:
1) To practice good hygiene at home and abroad.
2) Wash your hands often with soap and water and use alcohol-based hand sanitizers.
3) For those who will need to travel back to Canada and/or return to their home countries from regions where our projects are located, please keep up to date on screening protocols for airports you are transiting through and have customers service numbers for your airlines ready to call.
4) Be aware of travel insurance ie: trip disruption, medical, trip cancellation and call your personal insurance and travel advisors.
5) Know where your home country's consulate or embassies are located and register on-line before you depart.
Stay safe and healthy and we will get through this together.
Salamat po, Thank you, Merci, Gracias !
Posters courtesy of WHO COVID19 Infographics